Fall Activities in Rhode Island
Fall in Love this Fall with Rhode Island
Rhode Island may be the smallest state but it has much to offer, especially when speaking of fall activities in Rhode Island. In fact, I am willing to bet that you will fall in love with this amazing island if you spent a day in fall here. Why? Well, you will find the answers you seek if you read on. Without further adieu ladies and gentlemen, here is a look at the fall activities in Rhode Island and all the things you can do there. It’s time to fall in love with Rhode Island.
Nothing says romance like a cozy bonfire on the water’s edge…Providence Waterfire is a fall must. As such, every year, 97 bonfires are lit across the river, illuminating it and fixating a sense of warmth, love and home in every onlooker’s heart. This is one of the most loved fall activities in Rhode Island. As such, couples from all around visit Rhode Island in Fall in hopes of reigniting or fueling their own love with these aquatic bonfires.
Fall Activities in Rhode Island…Festivals
If you happen to be in Rhode Island in fall, we recommend you participate in a number of great fall festivals including:
- Pawtucket Arts Festival, on 6th September in Pawtucket
- Annual Rhode Island Heritage Day Festival, on 14th September in Providence
- Latino Food and Wine Festival on 19th September in Providence
- North Smithfield Great Pumpkin Festival, on 21st September in North Smithfield
- Annual Fort Adams in the Fall Car Festival, on 29th September in Newport
- Autumnfest, on 12th October in Woonsocket
- Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival, on 19th October in Newport
- Annual Harvest Festival, on 9th November in Portsmouth
Fall Activities in Rhode Island…Spooky Events
What is fall without Halloween coming close. So, if you want to enjoy some great and spooky fun in Rhode Island, we have you covered. Try the:
- Providence Ghost Tour, all September and October long in Providence
- Field of Screams (haunted house, hayride and a 4D Cirque Du Souls show), from 27th September in Greenwich
- Scary Acres (haunted corn maze and hayride), from 27th September in West Cranston
If you want to enjoy the Rhode Island like never before, we recommend you come on over this fall. Add in apple picking, frequent events, the beautiful flora and a number of great shopping centers and you have yourself fall activities in Rhode Island unlike any other. Would be a real shame to miss out, right?